‘To be notified of all Wirally updates,
do hit the bell icon.’ Hey, bro!
When did you fly down from the US? Last night. How are you?
– I’m good. When are you flying back to the US? I’m back for good.
– Why? What can a Harvard grad like you do here? My PG was about rural development.
I plan on working on village upliftment hereon. You can’t make much money that way.
– I’ve 5 acres of field. I’ll do farming for a living. Why not go back to the US and earn big bucks?
– If I do so, only I’ll become well off. If I work here with the other villagers,
I can help everyone become well off. It’s been long since I met our folks.
Let’s go meet them all. How are you, old sir?
– I can barely see. Who is this? He is Ramachandra’s son. He’s back from the US.
– Oh, it is you, son! I’m sorry, my sight ain’t good any more.
– Well, then what are you doing here in the field? Awaiting has nothing to do
with eye sight. Since there are no rains, there is no water for fields.
So, my son left for the city in search of odd jobs. But unlike him, I can’t leave my dry field behind.
Till death, I’ll keep farming. I’m sure this year or the next, I’ll have a good yield.
– You shouldn’t just wait for the rains you should also be waiting for young men
like me who are proud to call themselves farmers. You’re educated in the city and you want to be a farmer?
– City only gave me education and money but this village alone
can give me true happiness. I’ll see you around then. Bro, shall I get you anything?
– No, I’m good. Man, this paper has less of news and more of nuisance!
– This newspaper is actually better than the other news channels
which run entirely on nuisance. Yeah, you’re right. Man, why is she communicating through signs?
– That girl is mute. But, she is very smart. Good Lord! Let me get this for you, ma’am.
– So nice of you, son. I remember you to be a jolly woman.
But now, you’ve become too old and too gloomy. Back then, it was all good.
Now that I’ve become old my son, who I thought meant everything to me,
is now treating me like a servant. Show me where do I put this pail? What sort of a son is he?
Parents always treat us as kids even if we’ve become parents ourselves.
Such selfless parents deserve to be looked after in oldage. What sort of people would think twice
before feeding their own parents? Why was she carrying a pail? Is there no running water?
– Running water? Sure. But only once in 4 days
and sometimes not even that. At times we’ve to buy water,
at times we’ve to fill water from bores. Bores? Aren’t there wells?
– We used to turn to wells for water before but now, we turn to wells
to jump from and kill ourselves. All wells have gone dry. Hey, Kiran, bro!
– Hi, Sashi! How are you? – Good! When did you fly down? Last night. So, what are you studying now?
– I’ve quit studies. – What? Why? I had to after my dad’s death as I had to make money
to clear all his loans and get my sister married. Hey, Shiva. What’s up with you?
– I’m as a jobless as Kamal Haasan from ‘Akali Rajyam’. Why? Weren’t you preparing for government jobs?
– You can’t predict the openings for government jobs. And even if there are openings,
deserving ones don’t get jobs, reserved ones will. As tomorrow is the 15th of August,
we’ll be hoisted a flag at the village center. Would you be the chief guest?
– You want me to be the guest in my own village? Hey, bro, Sudheer!
– Hey! Heard you guys are planning on hoisting the flag? Our leader is now the ruling MLA.
We won’t let you hoist the flag. Why not? We’ve planned the event.
You’ve no right not to let us hoist it. How dare you talk back?
– And how dare you to talk shit? – Be warned! Guys, stop it! It is not some party flag,
it is the Indian flag you’re talking about. Prior to 1947, the British had a problem with hoisting it.
Now, we Indians have a problem with flag hoisting. And you call yourselves patriots?
– Of all people, you, US returned guy, teach us patriotism? I told you guys not to hoist the flag.
Why the heck are you here? And you want us to pay heed?
– Lower your voice.. – Guys, please, relax. You’re here too, you fake Indian? Of all people, you, US returned guy,
teach us patriotism? Farming was once India’s lifeline.
Now, it has become a mere joke. Farmers were considered India’s backbone,
but now farmers are breaking their backs to make ends meet. Farmers’ families are going pennyless.
Those who feed the country are going hungry. Soon, agriculture would die too. In education sector, even kindergarten admissions cost a bomb.
Unable to pay the college dues, students are killing themselves. Engineering has become meaningless
and degrees are now nothing more than waste papers. Lakhs apply for one single job vacany.
Despite being educated, there is high unemployment. Technology is changing and reshaping our lives.
Young people now hate farming and the country side. But can this world changing technology
feed the world? Then there is business.
Screw it! Right from the water we drink
to the education we get, everything is now a business. People are now alive not to live,
but to make money. Every 5 years, a new government gets elected.
Leaders bribe the voters to win and then they loot the treasuries
and the tax payers money. Poverty can be driven out of India
if the black money hoarded is brought back. In the exisiting system, a fast tracked case
of a brutal child rapist takes 45 days. By passing the National Medical Commission bill,
doctors have been turned toothless. This is how
the great Indian system works. Finally, the people.
I can’t say much about them as I’m one of them. We people, selfishly work
for only our good. You call me a fake Indian,
and here I have exposed the real India. ‘True education is looking for
and learning things we are ignorant about.’ Not just you,
even Mother India has gone mute. ‘Farmers are the kings of India, they say.
But in the days to come, there maybe no more farmers.’ ‘Villages are the building blocks of India, they say.
But in the days to come, there maybe no more villages.’ ‘Yes, in 72 years, India has achieved a lot.
But the plight of a common man has been even greater.’ ‘Incredible India and Unbelievable India.